We're PREGNANT!
This pregnancy has not been without problems from the get go and being part of a community of moms that have lost and many that are trying I didn't feel okay about announcing (although I'm still not sure why, I am always so excited for a BLM when they announce their pregnancy so I guess I shouldn't assume different about myself. )
We found out we were expecting again in March after a whole host of "signs" that pointed to me being pregnant so we were surprised and relieved when we found out. Because I had an early miscarriage on New years, the doctor decided to test my Hcg levels right off the bat and they were very low. So we tested again and again and my levels doubled as they were supposed to so we breathed a sigh of relief until the first ultrasound appointment. At that appointment I saw my little beans heart just flicker away, I smiled until the tech got quiet and seemed to scan over one area for a while. I asked what was wrong but knew she couldn't tell me anything. When I came out to talk to the doctor he asked me if I had had any bleeding, I look at him somewhat surprised because typically blood and pregnancy don't go together and the last time I had blood I was miscarrying. He explained that I had a subchorionic hemorrhage and that I should not be too alarmed if I have bleeding. I also found out during this appointment that I had GBS and needed to do a round of antibiotics so that the infection wouldn't cause any other issues with the pregnancy such as uterine infection, preterm labor or the "S" word which I am all to familiar with. So armed with antibiotics and a world of stress I waited for my follow-up appointment two weeks later. I was given another ultrasound, no change with the subchorionic hemorrhage and worse the baby was now measuring a week behind. I was beginning to give up hope that this baby would make it. Week by week I progressed until today at my 16 week checkup. The tech was quiet and I saw what she saw. I asked her to look at the heart again so I could see it once more and I was right, it was an echogenic foci on the baby's heart. This occurs in about 3-5% of pregnancies and generally doesn't cause a problem and in some cases resolves itself by the third trimester. The concern I have is that is is a marker for chromosomal abnormalities. I am scheduled to see MFM in two weeks and have a level 2 ultrasound. I am asking please, wether you follow my blog, happen upon it, or randomly check in, could you please pray that everything will turn out okay and that I can have peace for the next two weeks while I wait for this appointment. Many of you understand the worry when something on an ultrasound doesn't go right and you have to wait for further testing. I was hoping to have announced this in a different way and that it wouldn't be filled with so much fear and worry, but you have all been there for me through so much. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading, praying, encouraging me. They say pregnancy after loss is rarely easy and having all of the "issues" we've had make it that much harder. This child is in God's hands and I have to have faith in that.
I do plan on launching my new blog soon and having a giveaway, so please stay tuned for that.
Your new little one is precious and I am praying, praying, praying for you in these next two weeks as you wait and further until you are holding and loving on him or her!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteprayers, prayers,prayers.
ReplyDeleteand (((hugs)))-((( hugs)))-((( hugs)))
Congratulations on your pregnancy and I am thinking of you!! (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteMany, many prayers and many, many HUGS. This sweet baby is in the greatest Hands of all. xxx
ReplyDeleteiam praying for you and your little beautiful baby. I hope everything is alright. <3
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to hear the news but I know it is so scary to think that something might be wrong. I'm praying that everything will be ok!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, I am sending you lots of prayers and hugs.
ReplyDeleteHang in there.
i am so glad you shared because now you will have even more support. i am so sorry to hear about the new causes for concern though. i will be praying as always! please call me if you need to chat. it is so hard, every day is hard but you are right God is in control and He loves us and your little baby so much. this is something that has been in my head after seeing it on someone's blog - "because of His mercy" - everything we experience, wether it is joy or persevering through pain, it is all only possible because of His mercy. love you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you and your family! I know it's scary, but I'll certainly be praying for nothing but a happy healthy baby at the end of your pregnancy! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful picture. I'm happy for your pregnancy and will be praying for a healthy baby. God bless! *hugs*
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! The picture is adorable. I will be praying for you and the baby. Even when we can't trace God's hand, we can trust His heart.
ReplyDeleteSo happy for this news.. very exciting and I can only emagine how scared you are. I will hope and pray for you and this little baby with all that I have... Keeping the faith that this little one will make it. We'll all be on this ride with you... congradulations!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your pregnancy! I will definitely be praying for you and your sweet baby ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Praying for you and your little one.
ReplyDeleteI hear you and am with you all the way. I just popped over to lend support and say that I am praying for you and your baby! I pray that this stress is soon overshadowed by peace.
ReplyDeleteAnd I forgot to add my congratulations!
ReplyDelete((HUGS))) Thinking of you and your baby
ReplyDeleteAH! I knew you were pregnant!!! First I must say congratulations!!! The odd thing is I have been praying for you for some time now and wondering how you were. I had a pretty strong feeling that you were expecting and the fact that you didn't really announce it made me worry. Being pregnant after a loss is so hard- no matter how much time has gone by and even if (like me) you've had some success with having living children after the loss. It's still scary. I have a BLM friend who literally hemoraged throughout her entire pregnancy- had horrible test results and has a beautiful and perfectly healthy two year old at home! Hold on to that thought friend! Know that God put this little one in your life for a reason- you were chosen to mother this sweet babe! Continue to do all you do- sing, pray and rest. Know that you are loved- I pray you feel peace and if ever you need anything- don't hesitate- you are in my prayers- and now I will officially add you to my prayer group too!
ReplyDeleteHugs-
Laura
Congratulations!! I'm sure this is an exciting time, yet a very stressful time for you. You and the new baby will be in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful baby! I hope everything goes well with your testing. I'll keep you in my prayers. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! and I'll be praying for you and baby.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Praying this baby makes it all the way, perfect and healthy, despite all the scary times you've had so far.
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful news and I will be praying that you will hear good news at your ultrasound. What a precious little picture! God Bless.
ReplyDeleteOh, dear sweet friend...I will be praying for you and this little one. Praying, praying, praying...The ultrasound pictures made me tear up, so beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your beautiful baby! I will be praying for you and your little one! XOXO
ReplyDeleteI noticed you followed my blog today and I came over to "meet" you...Well Prayers are coming FULL force for you and your adorable little baby..God is with you and we are ALL here praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy/baby...the next 2 weeks will be stressful but we will be here to pick you up..I love to hear about rainbows..xoxoxo
ReplyDeletecongrats.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you through this journey and beyond. xoxo
I just came across your blog and a so sorry for your loss. Its so hard to loose a baby. What a hard journey we all travel. I am praying praying praying for this new little one of yours to come! Best of luck and many prayers.
ReplyDeletePraying for good news in two weeks!
ReplyDeletePraying for you and your sweet baby! We have different stories but we are also waiting it out to see if our baby will make it to term. Such a walk of faith that will be tested so many times. I pray for strength and peace for you and your family. Our blog is www.thealbertsjourney.blogspot.com . I will be keeping up with you and your precious baby!
ReplyDeletei'm one who 'stumbled upon your blog'
ReplyDeleteand friend i am praying as i type and will continue to pray for you each and every day!
Thinking of you again today - and hopeing that all is going ok... Stop over when you have some time.. just to say hi.
ReplyDeleteOMG! Congrats! Cant wait to see updates on little ones growth!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you friend- hoping everything is ok. Praying still and looking forward to an update!
ReplyDelete