Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Home at last

 

       WOW!  What can I say,  I have been gone for quite some time and it seems as though a lot has been going on in this community.  Birth announcements, pregnancy announcements, and among all the joy some very sad and tragic news as well.  I will be trying to get to everyones blogs, but it may take me a few weeks to catch up.

           Well, I had an amazing three week road trip vacation with my family.  It was some of the best time I have ever spent with them and the memories I have are enough to last me a lifetime.  If there is one thing I've learned especially in this community, is that family is the most important thing and there is no way to know how much time we have.

         I was able to reflect on all I have been blessed with, and that includes this sweet babe growing in my womb.  I have reached 24 weeks and I can't tell you how happy that makes me feel.  I know all that can go wrong during a pregnancy so I'm just taking this one day at a time and enjoying every kick, hiccup, and hear beat I get.

        I can't believe how far I've come in the last 9 months.  How many friendships have been established.  The support of this community is amazing.  You woman are some of the most incredibly strong people I have ever come to know, even if only through your blogs.  I think of many of you often along this journey and am always checking in, hopeful for good news.

        I'm looking forward to sharing more about our vacation, this pregnancy, and the future of this blog but for tonight I leave you with the most amazing sight from my vacation.  I know that many of you will appreciate this photograph.  I cried as I took the pictures :)













If you look closely it's actually a double rainbow.

15 comments:

  1. Its good to have you back:) Glad to hear you had a great time on your vacation and I LOVE that picture! This is just truly amazing and its definitely a sign from God. Thank you for sharing.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you've been enjoying your long absence from blogging and that your pregnancy is still going great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful - WOW and I am so happy for you to reach the ever important 24 week milestone during your pregnancy. Rest well and enjoy those baby kicks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing, amazing picture!! I've never seen anything like that!!!!

    Hooray for 24 weeks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is breath taking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so pretty!

    I am glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to see a post from you! I remembered you mentioning that long trip and wondered if that was where you were! I am so glad that you are in a peaceful place and enjoying every moment! I was the same with mine- All of them! That babe has so many prayers coming- from our house alone! Thinking of you!
    Hugs-
    L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I can see why it brought you to tears and you captured it so well. God does some pretty amazing things from a huge rainbow to a precious little baby. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for leaving a nice comment on my blog. I'm so sorry to read about your sweet Nathan. Wishing you all the best with your rainbow baby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pic is amazing!! I'm glad you got some time away with your family. :) So happy to hear you've reached 24 wks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the picture! Glad you had a great time on your vaca! Yeah for 24 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted you to know Nathan came to play with us. Take a look. *hugs*


    http://havasu-angels.blogspot.com/2010/08/nathan.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, what a beautiful rainbow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad I found your blog...I went back to the beginning and am working my way back to here. My heart is breaking for you and all you've gone through. Thank you for sharing it all though, it helps somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog today. First of all, i'm so happy to hear that your rainbow baby is healthy.

    I actually had a stillborn baby girl, Ella on October 14, 2009. Since then i've had 2 miscarriages, one at 15 weeks and actually yesterday at 9 weeks. My 3rd loss was due to sch. I can't wait to read your whole blog, and I would love to talk to you more. I just started my own blog today. I'm still working out all the bugs and trying to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete